JConcepts Pin Downs Carpet 2.2" Rear Buggy Tires feature a pin spiked tread, which is directional for added performance and stability. The directional nature of the pins were positioned to allow broken-in type pins to grip the surface in one direction, while the pins are more upright when oriented in the opposite direction. The tire carcass is marked with a special texture which helps the driver with orientation during mounting. The bottoms of the pins have heavy radiuses which allow the pins to wear more consistently and not tear or rip off the carcass prematurely.
The tire carcass itself has been refined to reduce weight while maintaining strong sidewall support. The pink compound marked with 2 pink dots on the tire represents a new compound for JConcepts, a medium soft material with good wear characteristics. The rear tires include gray, open cell inserts making them a complete set ready to mount, straight out of the package. The Pin Downs work best on Carpet and Astroturf tracks where typically a small pin tire is working.
Mounting Tip: The JConcepts team drivers have been running the rear Pin Downs with the larger band mounted on the outside.
- JConcepts fit, finish and design
- Multi-position, directional sharp pins
- Hefty pin to carcass radius for increased response
- Textured tire carcass indicates direction
- Carefully shaped profiled carcass for rolling speed
- Includes gray, open cell inserts
- Pink Medium Soft compound, developed for carpet and astro tracks